The position is to be based in our Isle of Man Head Office, working as part of our Group IT team, providing first class support to our busy and growing businesses in the Isle of Man and across the UK.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Respond, diagnose and fix requests from computer users regarding hardware, software, telecommunications, or network connection problems or questions
- Work on own initiative but part of a team.
- Place service calls with vendors and coordinates service for the users.
- Advise users of the on-going status of their request, and places follow-up calls to ensure that satisfactory service was provided.
- Assist computer-training functions.
- Review records to check hardware/software inventory, update service calls, and verify or modify user identification records.
- Update and revise reference materials and work procedures.
- Learn the functions and operation of new products, systems, or equipment through tutorials or self-instruction or where necessary and approved, formalised training.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Prioritise requests or problems according to established criteria.
- Produce basic statistical or work-activity reports by generating computer queries or gathering and assembling data.
- Resolve problems or provide “how-to” instructions utilising the resources available including reference manuals,vendors, and on-the-job experience.
Essentially you must be very flexible, energetic and customer facing and have good organisational, problem solving and communication skills, backed up by at least 3 years practical experience. This position will require you, on occasion, to carry out work outside of normal Monday to Friday office hours. Travel to our UK Offices will be required to provide cover.
Qualifications and Training
Applicants should have a good knowledge of supporting Windows 10 PC’s, Office 2013 and O365, Windows 2012 and Microsoft based applications as well as being familiar with TCP/IP networks, LAN/WAN infrastructures and a working knowledge of AD and Exchange. Training on company specific software will be provided.