Real Estate Associate
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
This role is ideally suited to a Real Estate Associate from NQ to 4 years’ post-qualification experience with experience in residential property development and an interest in land acquisition for residential development purposes related work and acting for a nationally operating house builder.
The role will encompass all aspects of residential development work; including land acquisitions and disposals (short term and longer term strategic land), promotion agreements, regeneration, affordable housing, infrastructure and reversionary sales, as well as more general real estate work.
- Develop detailed financial models in Excel to evaluate prospective real estate investments.
- Update internal projection models for re-forecasting of existing investments.
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, sales and rent comparables, macro trends, etc. by compiling and summarising market research reports and data.
- Prepare investment committee memoranda and presentation materials.
- Assist with the due diligence of an investment including preparation and review of transactional documents such as leases, contracts, financial statements, property valuation, asset structuring etc.
- Have a strong understanding of variety of workstreams that property development entails pre construction.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong academic qualifications and be able to demonstrate legal experience in residential acquisitions and development.
- The candidate will be able to show a track record as a team player and a good communicator with a strong practical approach to their workload.
- This will be an ideal opportunity for an individual that relishes a challenge.
- You should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for residential development, particularly city centre development, and to be highly motivated and show commitment to giving the highest level of service to clients and colleagues.
- Exceptional financial modelling skill.
- Exceptional business writing skills with high proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Demonstrate maturity, reliability and attentiveness to detail.
- Motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant opportunity for growth.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate, or another related field preferred
1 or 2 years’ experience in an investment role in major real estate or financial institution
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies