Based from our long established office in Jersey, you will be working within our closely-knit commercial team working on exciting residential and mixed use projects in Jersey. The Site Engineer will be responsible to the Site Manager. They will assist the construction team in ensuring the project is constructed in a safe and productive manner.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The Site Engineer will be responsible to the Site Manager for the duties detailed below, these include but are not limited to:
Site Set Up
- Set out, co-ordinate and implement the site offices, canteens, dry rooms, toilet blocks and mobile canteen liaising with the Site Manager and Health and Safety Advisor.
- Discuss and set out new and existing service route installations with Site Manager in accordance with details from relevant utility companies.
- Comply with all aspects of construction phase Health and Safety plans regarding all temporary site arrangements.
- Setting out all associated works with the use of E.D.M’s and lasers, working directly with the groundworkers and shuttering joiners.
- Check drawings are up to date from drawing register and issue work to shuttering joiners/steel fixers and groundworkers, in accordance with Site Managers instructions.
- Ensure there is a safe system of work in place for all construction activities and scaffolding, and that safety equipment is provided at the correct time.
- Set out all associated works with the use of an E.D.M. for brick/blocklayers.
- Double check all the setting out and where appropriate, with steel tapes.
- Check the quality of all blockwork, including cavity trays, dpc’s, wall ties, insulation, cavities are clean, sills and lintels, window openings, coursing of blockwork, correct strength of blockwork used. Report any problem to the Site Manager.
- In association with the Quantity Surveyor and Site Manager approve payments to blocklayers.
Setting Out – General
- Setting out site roads, carrying out detailed surveys with E.D.M.
- Taking accurate levels
- Set out and provide datums and levels for internal fit out works.
- Managing control stations
Ideally you will have at least 3 years experience as a site engineer, be competent at setting out and levelling and be able to demonstrate a HND or Degree in construction related discipline. As a Site Engineer you will have the ability to manage sub-contractors and a direct labour force, be able to read and interpret project drawings and foresee issues before they occur. You will be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of engineering and construction and will have worked on a variety of projects, ideally residential and commercial in nature.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.