Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
We are seeking a commercially minded Planning Assistant based within our Kent Region in Tunbridge Wells. You will be part of a team responsible for large multi-unit residential developments primarily across the South East and this is a great opportunity for someone to further their planning career, free from the constraints and restrictions of working for a PLC housebuilder or the rigidity of a planning consultancy or local authority.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide planning advice to the relevant technical, commercial land and construction departments.
- Assisting with the discharge of condition process and clearance of s106 planning obligations.
- Helping to manage applications through the planning process and reviewing such applications prior to submission.
- Working hand in hand with the land department in the review of future residential land opportunities across the South East.
- Represent the company with Local Authorities, Stakeholder Meetings and Community Engagement.
- Working across internal departments to prepare Reserved Matters applications
- Required to demonstrate an understanding of the planning system and the procedures involved in the identification and promotion of residential land through the planning process and in the management of planning applications.
- A clear understanding of planning legislation, national policy, and development plans., both new and emerging, that will affect the delivery of the supply of land for housing and the detail of residential schemes that are promoted.
- Need to have knowledge of working through the planning application and discharge of condition process to deliver implementable planning consents and enable a start on site.
- High levels of computer literacy, ability to work under own initiative and being a good team player.
- The ideal candidate may well be working within the planning department of a local authority or with another regional or national house builder and will have completed an RTPI accredited degree or equivalent qualification.
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies