Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality.Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
This exciting role will be based in our established Tunbridge Wells office and working on prestigious residential projects. You will be working alongside a team of experienced, like minded technicians and technologists and you will have the opportunity to really add value to your projects, which you will visit regularly and see your drawings and visions come to fruition.
• Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team.
• General project co-ordination.
• Organisation and preparation of detailed design drawings to Building Regulation / Tender and Construction status.
• Co-ordination with contractors on site.
• Contract administration.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Carrying out defects inspections on completion of works on site.
• Arranging copies of drawings for other departments and consultants.
• Updating computer based drawings.
• Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants.
• Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superceded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
• Co-ordination with external professional consultants.
• Liaison with building control authority, fire authority and other regulatory bodies.
• Liaison with local authorities and utility service provider.
• Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with technical manager and other drawing office work colleagues in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
• Liaison with Structural Engineers and other consultants (M and E / Lift / Landscape consultant etc) and coordinate structure and service installations within project design information.
• Develop design information to detailed status to included sections / details / schedules for construction and ordering purposes including liaison with buyers
• Maintenance of drawing information schedule and timely preparation of design information to issue to other design team members (Quantity surveyor / structural engineer / M and E and other consultants).
• Offer coaching and guidance of Trainees within the department
• Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature
• Preparation and maintenance of Legal plans in relation to residential and commercial sales.
• Attendance at design coordination meetings.
• Attendance at construction / site meetings
You will be fully conversant with current Building Regulations, NHBC Standards and be extremely proficient in 2D AutoCAD, Microsoft Office packages and Adobe. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience in residential developments in the UK from individual houses to large scale regeneration projects. You will be a strong communicator, with confidence to deal with professional consultants on a daily basis and be self-motivated, and be able to work on your own initiative.
You will possess a relevant architectural qualification, be preferably a member of CIAT or RIBA.
Direct Applications only - No recruitment agency applications will be accepted for this role - please visit https://www.dandaracareers.com/contact for details concerning recruitment agency submissions for this role.