Reporting directly into a Commercial Director this position will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in Jersey, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to live and work on the island.
This role is based in our Jersey office in the Channel Islands. If you don’t already live in Jersey you would need to relocate to the island. We would of course be able to offer some guidance with that move but this would have to be on a permanent basis. More information can be found here - https://www.jersey.com/working-in-jersey
• General project coordination and administration.
• Preparation of initial site budgets.
• Liaison, co-ordination with other in-house departments regarding development works including architects, structural and mechanical and electrical engineers, buyers, interiors and the construction team
• Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
• Negotiation of subcontract packages.
• Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
• Preparation of subcontract documentation.
• Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
• Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
• Processing payment of direct labour wages.
• Coordination with contractors on site.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
• Payment of utility services as required.
• Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
• Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
• Preparation of quarterly cost reports for submission to Directors.
• Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
• Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
• Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
• Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
• Maintaining site files and records.
• Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
Ideally you will have residential and/or commercial project experience and relevant industry qualifications would be essential. Having a minimum requirement of 3-4 years QS experience with a proven ability in cost monitoring and reporting. You will be required to liaise and report to the Managing QS. Tasks will include procuring and managing subcontract packages, payment of directly employed labour and overall cost control. To be successful you will be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative. Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential, use of estimating software and the Coins accounting package would be an advantage.
You will have residential and/or commercial project experience. Relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial.Apply