Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
We are continuing to expand our North Home Counties region from our new Milton Keynes office and with schemes planned across Bucks, Herts, Beds & Northants we are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor. Previous experience with a recognised house builder will be an essential requirement for this role.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- General project coordination and administration.
- Preparation of initial site budgets.
- Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
- Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
- Negotiation of subcontract packages.
- Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
- Preparation of subcontract documentation.
- Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
- Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
- Processing payment of direct labour wages.
- Coordination with contractors on site.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
- Payment of utility services as required.
- Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
- Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
- Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
- Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
- Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
- Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
- Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
- Maintaining site files and records.
- Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
- Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required.
You will be a driven individual with a working knowledge of JCT forms of contract and have proven cost management and project administration abilities on your own projects. To be successful, you will be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative. Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential.
Qualifications & training
Ideally you will have residential and/or commercial project experience. Relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.