The Dandara Group is an industry leader in the housing and property development sector. We are among the top three most profitable private development companies. Established in 1988, the Dandara Group continue to be in an exciting time of growth and expansion.
The role will be based in the Midlands in the team responsible for the successful delivery of a prestigious apartment schemes schemes for the private rented sector throughout the U.K, this newly created role is a pivotal position developing strong relationships with key members of the project team, the Contractors and their delivery teams.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead project external and internal design teams.
- Provide primary design management across a number of projects to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets and project budgets.
- Line management responsibilities for project design engineers and CAD technicians as agreed with the Design Director.
- Organise and co-ordinate design for each sub-contractor packages.
- Management and checking of the internal and external drawings and submittals and manage weekly registers.
- Ensure all records of design changes are kept to coordinate “as built” drawings upon completion of the project.
- Ensure all of the above is co-ordinated through our drawing management portal – A-Site.
Design Programme / Information Required Schedules
- Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department.
- Assist in developing a design delivery schedule in line with the contract deliverables.
- Assist the Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking schedule all design and cost issues.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Develop recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Writing / reviewing project and elemental specifications.
Lead / Involvement with 3rd Party Bodies / Agreements
- Liaison with building control authority, fire authority and other regulatory bodies.
- Liaison with building service manager regarding utility service providers.
- Liaison with the external Planning Supervisor and/or internal Safety Manager/Advisors.
- Liaising with insurance companies and consultants.
- Lead on section agreements, namely, Planning (S106), Drainage (S104, S106), highways: (S38, S177, S247, S278).
- Lead the design matters relating to party wall agreements and Rights of Light.
CDM / Health & Safety
- Ensure design risk assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner.
- Ensure that design elements take due consideration of the CDM regulations and that all designs can be delivered in a safe and controlled manner on site.
- Assisting in the assessment of tenders (where required).
- Liaise with the commercial and construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required.
Fees / Appointments / Consultants
- Set out scope-of-work, deliverables and fee schedules with external consultants.
- Produce recommendation reports when external consultants are in a competitive tender process.
- Site visits and inspections. Issuing of Site Inspection Reports to note key points from site visits.
- Assisting other members of the internal design team in their day-to-day duties.
- Organising and chairing external/internal design team meetings as required.
- Managing design problem issues raised by Construction staff as required.
- Contribute to the development of new standards.
To be considered for this role you must fulfill the following criteria
- Excellent knowledge of construction standards, regulations and legislation, including Health and Safety.
- Excellent, up-to-date, practical knowledge and experience of construction processes.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise way to the team and to senior management, enabling effective decision making.
- Proven experience of managing the design and operational performance of the design supply chain including setting and achieving challenging targets.
- Able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of document control systems such as Asite and Viewpoint.
- Excellent computer skills, CAD and Microsoft packages.
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc)
- Previous employment as a Senior Technical Manager, Technical Manager or Design Manager
- Architecture or Design Engineering background.
If for any reason you get an error message whilst applying please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.