Assistant Site Manager
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies,
with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
The position is to be based on our Edinburgh/Lothians residential sites.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Control site activities, organise differing trades and instruct workforce
- Liaise with Site Manager on programmes, method statements, establishment, security, etc.
- Ensure a safe site and maintain compliance with the Health and Safety Plan
- Arrange for COSHH information to be kept on site
- Arrange site induction for all operatives
- Requisition materials, check deliveries, ensure correct storage, distribution and waste minimisation
- Organise the completion of material, plant and weekly time sheets.
- Liaise with Building/Environmental control, HSE, Statutory and Local Authorities and Consultants during progress of the work.
- Attend site meetings
- Chair meetings with subcontracts and suppliers to discuss progress of the work
- Produce short-term/weekly work schedules
- Inform Site Manager/Surveyor of any changes or relevant events
- Compile and keep up to date site records
- Record day works and any variations to contract
- Check setting out and levels for the work
- Ensure quality inspections are carried out
- Provide first aid cover for site
- Comply with quality Assurance system
With a passion for high quality finishes, you will have proven previous experience of managing and assisting all trades in achieving a high-quality finish. Good communication and computer skills are required.
It is preferable that you have recent experience on residential building projects.
For more information please call Sean Farrell on 07714 170 813