Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality.Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Reporting directly to the Group Quality Control Manager, the newly appointed Quality Manager will be responsible for the monitoring of workmanship and technical detail to improve quality and consistency onsite. Proficient communication with sub-contractors, suppliers and both Dandara site management and technical teams is essential.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the residential new build industry with either a reputable developer or building control/warranty provider. The role has a large degree of flexibility and autonomy and can be either home or office based. The majority of working hours will be spent visiting developments located in our Southern, South East and Home Counties Businesses.
If you see an error message (we are aware of a current issue) when trying to apply, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To carry out regular site audits to ensure compliance with the drawings & specifications and current regulations.
- Ensure that key stag inspections are being completed correctly.
- Issue QA reports following each audit.
- Review and update trade QA sheets as needs be.
- Review our standard details and advise Construction Director of any modifications needed.
- Review and comment on working drawings.
- Review and comment on our detailed building specification and individual trade specifications.
- Advise on current Building Regulations & NHBC Standards (or equivalent).
- Review and comment on scopes of works for each trade.
- Review new products to ensure compliance.
- Inspect properties prior to handover to ensure all works are completed and defects closed out.
- Give feedback to Site Managers and Senior Management on reoccurring issues that need addressing.
- Create manual of good practice.
- Hold training workshops for Site Managers and Technical Staff.
- Review new products / working practices with Operations Director.
- A full driving license is essential for this role as is the ability to travel across the South East
- You will have a strong background in construction (Either Site Management/Building Control or Building Surveying) and previous experience in a quality control role with a national housebuilder or building control/warranty provider is essential
- An understanding of audit processes and procedures.
- Good computer skills are essential (Outlook, WORD and Excel). Ability to use PowerPoint would be of benefit.
- Self-driven with good ability to organise and plan workload to achieve targets and goals.
- Ideally a HNC or degree in a construction related discipline.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.