Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality.Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
With the opening of our new Southampton region an exciting new role in the position of Technical Coordinator has arisen to help spearhead this new region. This role would suit someone looking to become a Technical Manager in the near future.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Management of Consultants
- Prepare and develop briefs by collating relevant information, as briefed by the Technical Manager;
- Brief specialist consultants to produce site specific advice and information (e.g. soils and contamination investigation, ecology, archaeology, arboriculture surveys and reports) required to inform the planning and design process;
- Manage external design consultants to produce detailed design package from approved planning drawings;
- Manage consultants to prepare and submit Building Regulations package and ensure compliance with appointed Building Control body and warranty providers for private and affordable dwellings;
- Manage consultants to ensure discharge of planning conditions;
- Understand the procurement schedule and track consultants fulfil responsibilities under CDM Regulations;
- Provide information for the submission of external materials; considering visual, manufacturer and commercial aspects for approval of the Technical Manager.
2. Technical Process
- Ensure Technical Department procedures, house type working drawings, ancillary design information and other technical design information is available to the agreed date schedule;
- Manage and report on any non-compliance with procedures;
- Manage and minute design package review meetings;
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team;
- Manage the approval process including National Design Space Standards, Secure by Design, energy efficiency on fabric first approach, etc;
- Liaise with Sales department and assist in the
- co-ordination of sales materials;
- Arrange and track design package review meetings;
- Arrange for pre-completion sound testing and air pressure testing to satisfy Building Control requirements;
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team;
- Ensure accuracy of technical information;
- Co-ordinate conveyance plans and legal packs for each project;
- Attend monthly project review meetings to ensure full integration of design process with the business;
- Monitor the discharge of S106 payments throughout the project;
- Update design in line with comments/updates from PRS agents, HA agents and commercial agents an inform the consultants if required;
- Responsibility for implementation and management of the design.
- Attend regular 1-2-1’s with Technical Manager;
- Highlight exceptions and challenges to the Technical Manager;
- Provide weekly reports on technical queries and cost sensitive issues to the Technical Manager;
- Attend sub-contractor pre-start and post-contract meetings to ensure they are correctly briefed;
- Visit site to ensure transition from Design to Construction phase;
- Attend project review meetings on site;
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and site.
Skills,Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in a technical role for a housebuilder;
- Degree qualified or similar, HND/HNC in design or construction;
- Basic working knowledge of CAD;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excel;
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional organisation (RIBA, MICE, MCIOB, MCIAT etc.)
For further information please contact our Head of Recruitment, Ross Davies firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Applications only. No Agency submissions will be considered for this role. Any CV’s sent will be considered as free gifts. Please click “Contact” at the top of this page for more details.