We are looking for an Architectural Technician to work on a number of very high specification residential and commercial projects in Jersey. The position involves constant communication with professionals of different disciplines including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team and based in our prestigious St Helier head office. We would be interested in seeing candidates at all levels of ability and experience as long as you are proficient in AuotCAD.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team.
- Production of Building and site surveys from information provided by Site Engineers.
- General project co-ordination.
- Organisation and preparation of detailed design drawings to Building Regulation / Tender and Construction status.
- Writing project and elemental specifications.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents.
- Co-ordination with contractors on site.
- Contract administration.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Carrying out defects inspections on completion of works on site.
- Arranging copies of drawings for other departments and consultants.
- Updating computer based drawings.
- Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants.
- Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superceded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
- Assisting other members of the Design Department in their day-to-day duties.
- Co-ordination with external professional consultants.
- Liaison with building control authority, fire authority and other regulatory bodies.
- Liaison with local authorities and utility service provider.
- Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with technical manager and other drawing office work colleagues in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
- Liaison with Structural Engineers and other consultants (M and E / Lift / Landscape consultant etc) and coordinate structure and service installations within project design information.
- Develop design information to detailed status to included sections / details / schedules for construction and ordering purposes including liaison with buyers
- Maintenance of drawing information schedule and timely preparation of design information to issue to other design team members (Quantity surveyor / structural engineer / M and E and other consultants).
- Offer coaching and guidance of Trainees within the department.
- Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature.
- Preparation and maintenance of Legal plans in relation to residential and commercial sales.
- Attendance at design coordination meetings and preparation of minutes for the meeting.
- Attendance at construction / site meetings.
- Attendance at client meetings from time to time
With a minimum of 1 years’ experience producing working drawings and details within the construction industry, ideally you will have experience of steel,reinforced concrete, masonry and timber structures. You will be fully proficient in AutoCAD, have residential experience and ideally relevant industry qualifications.
You must be prepared (if not already living there to relocate to Jersey)
Jersey is the largest and most southerly of the Channel Islands. Approximately 45 square miles in area with a population of only 100,000 inhabitants, Jersey lies some 15 miles to the west of the Cherbourg Peninsula (in the Bay of Saint Malo) and 120 miles from the south coast of England. Travel by air to the Island from London takes under an hour and there are frequent daily sea and air links to other parts of the United Kingdom and Europe.
Jersey is an island of breathtaking natural beauty. With its privileged geography and dramatic coastline the Island is recognised as a unique corner of paradise of which its inhabitants are rightly proud. Jersey‘s independence from external political influences has allowed it to blossom without undue interference. Its benign tax regime has created a high standard of living, with unemployment virtually unknown and a very low crime rate: ideal for raising families in a safe environment with all amenities at your doorstep.
The Island offers excellent health care, high educational standards, efficient transport and communication systems, together with a buoyant economy, traditional independence and a relaxed and peaceful way of life. The Island has enjoyed sustained economic growth by creating sympathetic income tax. Dandara’s past, present and future developments help ensure that Jersey is in the fortunate position of being able to provide affordable, high-quality commercial and residential accommodation in a scenic environment.