We are seeking to appoint a high calibre Contracts Manager to be based from our recently opened Southampton Office and from there cover a number of our South Coast developments. The role will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging projects on the South Coast, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects. This is a brand new region for Dandara and as such represents a great deal of career progression for the right individual.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Summary of the role
- Pre-start site inspections and preparation of construction specific CDM pack and develop through construction plan.
- Prepare suitable tender list for subcontractors and suppliers, monitor their performance and feedback to Commercial department
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start
- Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast
- Monitor Health and Safety performance to ensure compliance with legal obligations and Company requirements
- Control additional costs for non-productive and prelim expenditure to ensure Group guidelines and take part in cost control meetings
- Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager’s role and ensure information, materials and contractors are available
- Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a quality product
- Liaise with purchasers to ensure we provide a suitable level of service after completion Support the Site Manager in ensuring that on-site Construction teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site’s workload
- Provide a professional interface with purchasers, external contacts, contractors, etc
- Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department
- Set and achieve build programme targets
- Lead and develop the site management teams
- Be point of contact for recruitment of the site management team
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
- Proven experience of working in a senior role in the construction industry, including managerial experience
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades. (desirable not essential)
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care
No Agency submissions will be considered for this role. Any CV’s sent will be considered as free gifts.