Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Our North Home Counties region, based in Milton Keynes has gone from strength to strength and this exciting, newly created role of Contracts Manager will be responsible for the management and control of the developments within the region, based around the Aylesbury area to achieve high standards of construction quality in a controlled cost environment, contributing to the Region’s profitability. The role will involve assisting the Production Director to appraise the project buildability, in conjunction with the Development Department and produce a Construction Programme.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Attend Pre-Planning; Pre-Tender; and Pre-Start Meetings, to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed, prior to commencement on site.
- Issue the agreed Build Programme and Build Direction to Site Managers
- Review the Health & Safety Plan submitted by the Site Manager and ensure it is maintained
- Review Site Managers’ Weekly Progress and Status Reports and liaise with other Department Heads to resolve any delays or issues identified
- Liaise with the Technical and Design Departments to consider cost effective construction processes at both the design and construction phases.
- Liaise with Sub Contractors and Suppliers, in conjunction with the Technical & Commercial Departments, to reduce costs, whilst maintaining quality and customer satisfaction levels
- Monitor all Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Summary Reports, to ensure that trends are recognised and the appropriate action taken to improve performance
- Lead and develop the site management teams
- Be point of contact for recruitment of the site management team
- Extensive Production/Construction management experience is essential, with a detailed knowledge of the building and construction trade - CCSCS card (Site Management)
- Through knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation you will be able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
- Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and make decisions, take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Builders and/or qualified to NVQ level 5 in Construction Management with considerable experience of the full range of construction trades. (desirable not essential)
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of the construction trade and the relevant legislative requirements e.g. Health and Safety, NHBC requirements and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of dealing with all issues relating to Customer Care
- Essential Driving License
If for any reason you get an error message whilst applying please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.