Technical Office Administrator
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality.Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Our North Home counties region is growing fast and we are now seeking an Architectural Office Administrator for our Hemel Hempstead office to assist our busy architectural team working on prestigious residential and commercial projects in London and the Home Counties
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team.
- General project co-ordination.
- Assisting with the organisation and preparation of detailed design, Kitchen, Residential fit out, marketing, legal and sales drawings as required.
- Contract administration.
- Arranging copies of drawings for other departments and consultants.
- Updating computer based drawings.
- Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants.
- Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superseded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
- Co-ordination with external professional consultants.
- Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with technical manager and other drawing office work colleagues in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
- Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of legal plans in relation to residential and commercial sales.
- Attendance at design coordination meetings and preparation of minutes for the meeting.
- Assisting with the preparation of presentation documents.
- Produce, coordinate and manage the production and issue of fit out specifications including liaising with all relevant in-house design disciplines to obtain information to complete this process.
- Collate, coordinate and manage the Technical Directors project information folders ensuring the key information is kept current.
- Updating & coordinating CAD drawings.
- Printing & issuing drawing packages.
- Printing & updating drawing clips and folders.
- Processing of design information for other departments & consultants.
- Ensuring consistency of design information.
- Coordinating with external professional consultants.
- Prepare and update as required design programmes necessary for the execution of works.
- Prepare and update as necessary the programmes required to monitor the progress of works.
- Prepare technical design progress reports for project meetings.
- Work in close liaison with the Technical Managers and Technical Director to monitor the progress of works and the department.
- Ensure all documents for specialist contractor designed elements are recorded, distributed and forwarded for approval.
- Ensure the quality procedures in respect to your duties are implemented.
- Assist with preparing information packs to potential commercial clients.
- Assisting other members of the design department in their day-to-day duties.
- Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required.
- Co-ordinate all client variations with internal and external consultants.
- Preparing Cheque requisitions and obtaining job codes from other departments for applications for various approvals.
- General administration duties – Holiday forms, Timesheet collation, Processing and coding invoices.
With a passion for architecture you will be an organised and efficient worker with either a relevant architectural qualification or some experience in a drawing office or architectural firm.
No Agency Applications please