Estimator - Overview
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will involve producing budgets for a mix of residential schemes (predominantly 2 – 3 storey housing / developer apartments) covering the Central Southern Counties area, based in our rapidly expanding Southampton office. Since its opening last July this office has gone from strength to strength and this is an exciting time to join us.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of initial construction budgets from in-house cost models and external data for land purchase feasibility studies.
- Assist with the technical aspects of each bid including identifying and costing all abnormal elements and risks.
- Produce robust construction budgets to enable cost certainty at planning submission sign off stage.
- Assist the technical team with cost advice and input into cost options and value engineering exercises during design development, identifying and costing all abnormal elements and risks.
- Interrogation of live development costs reports to extract relevant current cost information for feasibility purposes.
- Development of the Estimating/Cost Planning system and standard cost plan template to ensure all current financial information is incorporated and becomes integrated with the Contract Financial reporting system. Enabling a complete audit trail from initial estimate to out-turn cost.
- Measurement, calculation and preparation of cost plan.
- Coordination with contractors to obtain data for estimates.
- Liaison with external consultants regarding cost issues.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cost plan status reports for submission to Directors.
- Maintaining a database of rates for use in future cost plans.
- Developing the structure of the cost plans into trade and preliminary package budgets.
- Adopt, maintain and ensure compliance with Dandara Management System processes and documentation.
- Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development costs including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction teams.
- Chairing and preparation of minutes for feasibility/cost plan and/or budget meetings.
- You will have proven Surveying/Estimating project knowledge on residential projects together with relevant industry qualifications.
- The successful applicant will be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative.
- Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential.
- Excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
Direct Applications only. No Agency submissions will be considered for this role. Any CV’s sent will be considered as free gifts. Please click “Contact” at the top of this page for more details.