Graduate Architectural Technician
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality.Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The position is to be based in our Tunbridge Wells office, working as part of our technical team, to train towards undertaking responsibilities in the administration of procedures, design of current projects and production of architectural information.
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team.
- Organisation and preparation of detailed design drawings to Building Regulation / Tender and Construction status.Arranging copies of drawings for other departments and consultants.
- Updating computer based drawings.
- Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants.
- Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superceded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
- Assisting other members of the Design Department in their day-to-day duties.
- Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with technical manager and other drawing office work colleagues in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
- Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature.Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required.
With a passion for architecture you will be an organised and efficient worker with either a relevant architectural qualification and recent experience in a drawing office or architectural firm working on residential housing schemes.