The Dandara Group is one of the UK’s leading property development companies, with operations in Scotland, the North West, South East and the Isle of Man. The Group require the following ambitious individuals to join their commercial team based at the Group Head Office in the Isle of Man.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of initial construction budgets from in-house cost models and external data for land purchase feasibility studies.
- Assist with the technical aspects of each bid including identifying and costing all abnormal elements and risks.
- Produce robust construction budgets of both direct labour work elements and subcontract packages to enable cost certainty at planning submission sign off stage.
- Assist the technical team with cost advice and input into cost options and value engineering exercises during design development, identifying and costing all abnormal elements and risks
- Interrogation of live development costs reports to extract relevant current cost information for feasibility purposes.
- Development of the Estimating/Cost Planning system and standard cost plan template to ensure all current financial information is incorporated and becomes integrated with the Contract Financial reporting system enabling a complete audit trail from initial estimate to out-turn
- Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
- Coordination with contractors to obtain data for estimates.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Liaison with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cost plan status reports for submission to Directors.
- Maintaining a database of rates for use in future cost plans.
- Developing the structure of the cost plans into trade and preliminary package budgets.
- Adopt, maintain and ensure compliance with Dandara Management System processes and documentation.
- Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development costs including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction teams.
- Chairing and preparation of minutes for feasibility/cost plan and/or budget meetings.
- Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for initial material ordering.
- Ensuring correct cost coding of budget costs.
- You will have proven Surveying/Estimating project knowledge on residential and/or commercial projects together with relevant industry qualifications.
- The successful applicant will be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative. Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential. Previous experience with QSCad and/or Masterbill would be ideal but not essential