Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
We are continuing to expand from our Edinburgh office (relocating to new offices in Newbridge in March) and with schemes planned across the East and Central Belt we are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager in a brand new role. Previous experience with a recognised house builder will be an essential requirement for this role.
If you receive an error message when applying please email send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (we are aware of an issue currently)
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce and/or manage and lead external cost consultants to provide accurate cost plans, within tight timescales, at land acquisition, planning and build budget stages.
- Produce/review acquisition feasibility reports as necessary.
- Liaison with the technical team to review of all Building Regulation and working drawing packages for value engineering and procurement requirement purposes.
- Attendance of design team meetings to provide design change cost implications and suggestions of value engineering alternatives.
- Review sales/technical specifications to ensure materials and products comply with budgeted allowances.
- Provide expenditure reports as necessary from the point of the initial design conception to establish cost certainty.
- Report to the Managing, Commercial and Construction Director with regard to financial aspects of all developments.
- Provide financial advice during the construction of the developments to the construction team.
- Continually monitor and control costs and be proactive in the cost management of each development.
- Manage and control expenditure of the Sales department, providing cost information with regard to purchasers extra where required.
- Authorise budgetary expenditure and expenditure additional to budgeted allowances.
- To build, develop and manage a team of committed site based project surveyors who will place all subcontract orders, calculate and generate payments, control, monitor and report on the site build costs once schemes have commenced.
- Responsibility for managing material order placement procedures and establishing a team of material buyers as developments become live and require material procurement.
You will have experience, at Commercial Manager level, working for a recognised house builder. Commercially aware, ideally degree educated in a surveying related subject and be a true team player.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.