Senior Property Tax Manager
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
This exciting, newly created role will support the Group Company Secretary and wider tax team in respect of all tax matters (primarily planning, advisory and project focused). With significant exposure to UK and non-UK tax matters in ideally a property or construction-based setting, you will have the opportunity to drive improvements in the group’s tax processes. Given the rapid expansion of our business in the UK mainland, changing tax landscape and small team size, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and will develop a broad skill set. There will be regular travel to our Isle of Man office on a regular basis with this role and potentially to other regions in the UK.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Advising on group transactions (working with advisors, head of tax and the wider business) such as:
- - corporate or property acquisitions and disposals including due diligence.- intragroup restructuring, funding and asset refinancing transactions.Provide the business with tax forecasts, for group decisions.
- Monitor and advise on the impact of legislative changes.
- Transfer pricing policy review / implementation of recommendations.
- Responding to HMRC enquiries and helping to build relationships.
The jobholder will demonstrate the following:
- Possess a legal and/or accountancy qualification with a number of years relevant post qualification experience.
- Have worked in the construction industry (plc or large private company environment) or worked in practice to at least senior manager level.
- Have an interest in and had exposure to tax planning and structuring matters in relation to property and construction matters.
- Be able to work on own initiative and manage relationships with the group’s tax and legal advisors.
- Having had exposure to legal and tax matters across a number of jurisdictions, including the UK would be advantageous to the role.
- Be familiar with and have worked on transactions across a number of tax types including corporation tax, income tax, SDLT/LBTT, CIS and VAT.
- Have experience in related accounting and compliance matters in connection with setting up new property structures to facilitate liaison with other in-house teams.
- Be able to identify issues and work to find solutions as part of a team working to tight project deadlines.
- Supervise and motivate department staff carrying out tax compliance functions.
Please contact our Head of Recruitment, Ross Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or find out more.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.