Labour Recruitment Coordinator
This role reports into the Labour Manager and is focussed on providing the live Jersey projects with a regular supply of well-motivated, experienced and dedicated trades and labour across all live projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understand current and future requirements for direct labour.
- Constantly review labour levels in line with the above, keeping a schedule of who is where and predicted numbers by trade at least 3 months in advance at any one time.
- Managing the recruitment process and ensuring there is always a source of labour available.
- Working with the QC department on maintaining quality standards for the work carried out by direct labour.
- Considering new and innovative work processes that can be carried out by direct labour.
- Arranging (and attending as required) recruitment drives in various locations as required to maintain our database of suitable labour.
- Work with Health and Safety department to make sure all direct labour is adequately trained in Health and Safety.
- Assist new employees on how to obtain National insurance cards, accommodation and travel arrangement as required.
- Provide HR support in relation to the on-boarding and exiting of employees.
- Updating the live labour spread sheet with changes to personal details, i.e. salary increases, leavers etc.
- Sending out probation period reminders to Site managers.
- Tracking Holidays and advising the relevant department when full entitlement has been reached etc.
- Issuing any other relevant correspondence, e.g. absence letters, leaving correspondence, redundancy & Disciplinary letters etc.
- Arrange and attend any Disciplinary, Redundancy, Grievance and dispute resolution Meetings.
Additional Tasks & Duties
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office applications Word and Excel.
- Production of regular weekly/monthly reports or ad hoc reports as required.
- To work flexibly to provide efficient support to the Labour Manager, providing advice and support.
- To work in a confidential manner and to take steps to ensure sensitive data is secure;
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills geared towards maintaining positive relationships with Employees and Management.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Team-management and leadership skills
- Full Clean Driving licence
Fluent in Polish you will ideally you will come a construction background, preferably in residential housing, in either foreman or site management capacity and have experience in managing trades and labour on sites and have an understanding of what a quality build should look like.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.