Dandara Living, our thriving Build to Rent operation is growing. With over 2,500 apartments already constructed in the UK there are further developments in Birmingham, Bristol and the South East planned and in this newly created role you’ll be reporting directly into the Build to Rent Board. This position will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging city centre projects in the UK, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
If for any reason you get an error message whilst applying please send your details to our Head of Recruitment, Ross Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are flexible on the location of this role to be in either Milton Keynes or Manchester, hence we have a job advert for a single position in both locations
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director the Estimator will be producing detailed cost plans for a mix of high rise apartment construction throughout the UK
- Assist with the update and development of the Dandara Standard BtR Cost Model.
- Record and update benchmarking analysis of Project Cost Plans
- Provide accurate quantity take-offs.
- Obtain quotes that match design and specification to agreed timescales.
- Produce cost plans in detailed formats to enable review by the project and development teams.
- Develop each budget / cost plan through the key stages of pre-acquisition, acquisition, pre-planning, planning submission, stage 4 (pre-construction / contract) and stage 5 (construction).
- Maintain a consistent format in order that change can be tracked through the various stages.
- List design and supporting information/calculations used to produce cost plan(s) including all correspondence. Highlight all cost variances to the standard Dandara BtR Model. Benchmark and compare each cost plan against the BtR Cost model.
- Produce alternative costings and investigate alternatives for design and specification as part of value engineering, be proactive advising the design team of alternatives during design stage.
- You will have proven Surveying/Estimating project knowledge on high rise residential projects together with relevant industry qualifications.
- The successful applicant will need to be a team player, self-motivated and able to work using his/her own initiative.
- Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge of Bluebeam measuring system would be favourable but not essential.
- Excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.