Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Our North Home Counties region, based in Milton Keynes has gone from strength to strength and this exciting, newly created role of Technical Coordinator is in our technical department where you will work closely with other members of the technical team as well as the wider project team. Responsible for preparing detailed working drawings and preparing drawings in support of Planning application together with carrying out general project coordination duties in conjunction with the Architectural Technologist & Technical Administrator. You will also work with and support other head office functions as well as external consultants and the regional business units.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting the preparation of detailed working drawings from Planning/design information to Building Regulation / Tender and Construction status.
- Preparation of detailed design information for the clearance of Planning conditions in liaison with other members of the technical team and external consultants.
- Assisting the Project Architect in preparing drawings for planning applications.
- Writing specifications including; Build, Sales & Marketing and detailed specifications as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents.
- Checking and approving suppliers and manufacturers details.
- Making applications to Utility providers for all diversions, temporary supplies and new connections for the development in conjunction with the Technical Administrator.
- Producing combined services plans.
- Preparation of Accommodation Schedules, including updating as required with Postal addresses, MPAN/MPRNS etc.
- Production of Building, site surveys and as-built surveys.
- Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature.
- Preparation and maintenance of Legal plans in relation to residential and commercial sales.
- Issuing information for other departments and consultants.
- Provide information for marketing purposes for production of Sales models and CGI’s including review and sign-off.
- Assist in the preparation of information to the Principal Designer in preparation of Pre Construction Information & the Health & Safety File.
- Request, check and issue SAP’s and EPC’s.
- Arrange for pre-completion sound testing and air pressure testing to satisfy Building Control requirements.
- Production of sales area plans and show house drawings.
- Monitor production programmes to ensure in-house and external consultants/suppliers and sub-contractors information is signed off/approved in-line with the project programme.
- Organise information to ensure CML’s are issued in line with the project programme.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Maintaining the RFI schedule and managing the timely close out of requests for information and all other technical queries.
- Attendance at project coordination meetings and preparation of minutes for the meeting.
- Attendance at construction / site meetings.
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Sales, Land & Planning, Engineers, Building Services Manager, Surveyors, Buyers, Construction, Health & Safety and Customer Care.
- Liaison with warranty provider and building control authority, monitoring and managing trackers.
- Liaison with local authorities and utility service providers.
- Assisting other members of the Technical Department in their day-to-day duties.
- Offer coaching and guidance of Trainees within the department.
- Assisting colleagues in other departments in their day-to-day duties.
- Co-ordination with external consultants and suppliers.
- Co-ordination with contractors on site.
- Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with the Technical Director and other Technical staff in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
- Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superseded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
- Maintenance of drawing information and timely preparation of information to issue to other project team members and external consultants.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in a technical role working on UK house building projects;
- Minimum HND/HNC in design or construction;
- Basic working knowledge of CAD;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excel;
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional organisation (RIBA, or MCIAT)
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - please refer to Note For Recruitment Agencies Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.