Mechanical Design Consultant
Are you an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer/Consultant looking for a new opportunity?
This is a new position in a new team which will involve you working directly with the Manchester office of Dandara where you will be responsible for the day to day production of Mechanical Design’s for our inhouse residential development schemes throughout the UK.
Please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current salary and notice period.
Salary - £40-60,000 dependent on experience plus benefits
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Delivery of designs in line with health and safety requirements whilst taking full accountability for the design of mechanical services for our inhouse residential development projects.
- Management of specialist designers including review and approval of designs.
- Lead co-ordination of construction, mechanical and electrical design at all stages of the project lifecycle, including input from internal / external designers, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning agents.
- Attend regular design meetings with project team and provide effective communication and change management.
- Provide support to the technical strategy at pre-construction phase, whilst providing engineering support to site teams, providing specialist design input to proactively resolve problems and support installation works to programme requirements.
- Successful project delivery with high quality design deliverables completed on time and on budget, whilst effectively resolving installation and commissioning challenges.
- Site surveys, inspections & report writing
- Carrying out design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaising with internal and external architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive Electrical Design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by our in-house CAD team, you may be required to draft some of your own drawings using CAD depending on resource levels
- Managing own workload
- Have involvement with the testing and commissioning of the mechanical services for a number of projects. This also included the preparation of snagging sheets and preparing inspection reports.
- Production of SBEM, SAP and EPC information
- Hevacomp V8i
- Mechanical Engineering Software Packages
- A recognised qualification in mechanical / building services engineering. i.e. BEng / MEng or significant demonstrable experience
- Chartership of CIBSE preferable
- Ability to design mechanical services in line with appropriate standards, guidance and client`s requirements.
- Ability to agree practical and realistic programme for delivery of design to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders and project demands.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage and communicate priorities, whilst making effective decisions in consultation with projects stakeholders.
- Experience of undertaking and leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for large residential developments at all stages of project lifecycle - pre-construction, design and construction stage.
- Experience in undertaking and managing specialist design and engineering services - Sustainability & compliance (BREEAM, environmental permitting - heat, fume and noise emissions, Part L), mathematical modelling (CFD, FEA,) and services supports design.
- Experience delivering and management of design in line with RIBA plan of work, BSRIA BG6 schedule of services and ISO 19650 requirement.
- Experience working with typical design and build contracts, JCT, NEC, MF1 and others.
- Experience in producing and working on SBEM, SAP and EPC
This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is ready to work directly for the Client team and who’s looking for the next challenge within their career.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.