Head Of Technical
Dandara Living, our thriving Build to Rent operation is growing. With over 2,500 apartments already constructed in the UK there are further developments in Birmingham, Bristol and the South East planned and in this newly created role you’ll be reporting directly into the Build to Rent Board. This position will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging city centre projects in the UK, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
We are seeking to appoint a high calibre Head of Technical who has previous expertise and has worked on a number of similarly large mixed-use residential schemes for recognised developers/house builders. You will have responsibility for the area technical function within the BtR Business and report on all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business’ scheme delivery.
If for any reason you get an error message whilst applying please send your details to our Head of Recruitment, Ross Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org We are flexible on the location of this role to be in either Milton Keynes or Manchester, hence we have a job advert for a single position in both locations
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the BtR Board in the managing the business. Help with setting budgets, minimising risks, achieving business targets and seeking to positively influence the technical delivery of the business
- Responsible for the business’s technical delivery function by ensuring best practice is followed, costs are controlled, schemes are delivered on programme and value is added to the business.
- Ensure consistency and actively promote best practice across the BtR business.
- Organising and chairing external/internal design team meetings as required.
- Managing design problem issues raised by the Technical team as required.
- Contribute to the development of new standards
- Site visits and inspections. Issuing of Site Inspection Reports to note key points from site visits.
- Design Coordination
- Design Programme / Information Required Schedules
- Specification Development
- Lead / Involvement with 3rd Party Bodies / Agreements
- CDM / Health & Safety
- Fees / Appointments / Consultants
- Previous experience working as either a Head of Technical or Technical Director. (Essential)
- Previous experience of delivering large mixed-use residential schemes for recognised developers/house builders (Essential)
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc)
- Architecture or Design Engineering background.
- Excellent knowledge of construction standards, regulations and legislation, including Health and Safety.
- Excellent, up-to-date, practical knowledge and experience of construction processes.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise way to the Technical team and to senior management, enabling effective decision making.
- Proven experience of managing the design and operational performance of the design supply chain including setting and achieving challenging targets.
- Able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of document control systems such as Asite
- Excellent computer skills, CAD and Microsoft packages.
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills; experience in leading and developing a team of staff.
- Excellent communication skills
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.