Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.
Our Southern region, based in Southampton has gone from strength to strength and this exciting, role of Technical Coordinator is in our technical department where you will work closely with other members of the technical team as well as the wider project team.
The Person: We are seeking to appoint an ambitious high calibre Technical Co-ordinator/Senior Technical Co-ordinator who has previous expertise in the residential/housebuilder field, having led the co-ordination of technical functions on a number of medium to large sites (100-400+ units)
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- General technical/project co-ordination, manage flow of information related to project Feasibility designs for new developments
- Review external technical reports, designs - including house type working drawings, planning layouts, landscaping & engineering layouts and critique them to ensure efficient and co-ordinated design is achieved.
- Provide Technical support and advice to other members of the team.
- Managing the preparation of information required for clearance of all planning conditions/S106 obligations.
- Brief specialist consultants to produce site specific advice and information (e.g. ecology, archaeology, arboriculture surveys and reports) required to inform the planning and design process.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination and communication between all consultants.
- Manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee, and scope.
- Clear all building regulations conditions.
- Coordinate working drawings and collate all supporting information ensuring all are in accordance with the approved planning scheme.
- Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturers information.
- Ensure structural assessment of all house type and apartment block drawings are undertaken
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature to ensure compliance with working drawings.
- Input into H&S and environmental check lists.
- Attend internal and external meetings when required.
- Secure building regulations/statutory approvals.
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team.
- Manage standards and keep up to date on processes including but not limited to National Design Space Standards, Building Regulations, NHBC & Premier Guarantee Technical Standards
- Arrange for pre-completion sound testing and air pressure testing to satisfy Building Control requirements.
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc to share with the team.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of technical information.
- Co-ordinate conveyance plans and legal packs for each project.
- Highlight exceptions and challenges to the Technical Manager.
- Provide weekly reports on technical queries and cost sensitive issues to the Technical Manager
- When required attend sub-contractor pre-start and post-contract meetings to ensure they are correctly briefed.
- Visit site to ensure transition from Design to Construction phase.
- Attend project review meetings on site or virtually.
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and site.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in a technical role for a housebuilder.
- Degree/HND/HNC in Engineering, Architectural Technology or similar Construction related qualification.
- Good working knowledge of CAD; Ability to undertake design in house as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Project or similar programming software
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues effectively.
- Ability to manage and deal with conflict.
- All-round appreciation of the legal process in construction.
- Be able to create an environment to drive engagement.
- Drive effective collaborative relationships with colleagues in other departments
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings; confidence in chairing design team meetings is beneficial.
- Promote engagement and collaboration across own projects.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.