Our business is growing fast. We’re on the ground in multiple locations across Scotland and all this means that we’re winning new work and investing for the future. Established in 1988, the Dandara group is one of the most progressive property development companies in the U.K. We provide high quality, centrally located, residential and commercial property investment opportunities, for owner-occupiers and institutional or private property investors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Civil or Structural Engineer / Engineering Technician to join our growing team on a permanent basis. We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate their experience, capability and flexibility to meet the demands of the role in our new East Central Belt division with many new residential projects commencing 2021.
The successful candidate will work on a number of active and forthcoming residential schemes and provide technical support to the various disciplines throughout the company and externally on a daily basis. The post will be based from our Edinburgh office and offers a competitive salary and benefits package offering the opportunity to work with an experienced team and develop in their career.
Please send your CV directly to email@example.com as we aware of an issue when applying.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaise with site staff, design team and represent the business in a professional and courteous way.
- Liaise with external consultants and local authorities to obtain relevant technical consents
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Assistance with the preparation of calculations.
- Produce drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Support the administration of projects.
- Support engineer(s) throughout the highway, drainage & utilities design process.
- Ensure outputs meet the required standards.
- Meet agreed deadlines.
- Working in both an office environment and on site (if required).
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contribute to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensure designs & drawings meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Highly proficient use of AutoCAD is essential and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Site 3D, Civil 3D, PDS and MicroDrainage will be advantageous.
- Have a good understanding of estate roads, site levels and drainage design methods.
- Have a good understanding of producing combined utilities layouts.
- Demonstrate design experience in the civils sector.
- Good communications skills are essential.
- Ability to produce private levels and drainage designs for residential & commercial developments.
- Earthworks modelling experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to work well in a team and build relationships with colleagues and contractors.
- Good organisational skills.
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift - Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.